Friday, July 6, 2012

The Welcome Addition of Dennis Burks

Working in the Regional History Department at the Community Library is always rewarding because, as a researcher, I come across new ideas every day. Today, for instance, I was going through an oral history by Miriam Breckenridge, featuring Dennis Burks, really cleared up a lot of questions that I had about shipping sheep in Idaho's early days. He also shines light on several other sheep related topics I hadn't thought much about at all. It's really interesting to see his perspective because he was in the sheep business for so long and knows so much about its history.

I really suggest that anyone who is even slightly curious about the sheep industry's history check out Dennis Burks's new section on VoiceThread.com! He is great at telling some cool anecdotes from the times! I might be calibrating a very expensive printer tomorrow so I might be unable to upload a new section on VoiceThread tomorrow. In any case, here is the retouched picture for today:



See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment