Thursday, July 26, 2012

A New Section Featuring Clyde Bacon

There is a new section up on VoiceThread.com featuring Clyde Bacon! What is available currently is the around a third of his entire oral history (still a section of decent size). The rest of his oral history with Miriam Breckenridge was transferred poorly and the quality is not high enough to justify uploading on VoiceThread. It will get re-transferred and edited in the future to be uploaded in its entirety with the rest of our processed oral history archive.

This issue with the poor transfer was my troubleshooting difficulty of the day. When I opened up the audio file the audio levels were at a very low decibel, so I boosted the audio to match the other disks we have in our selection. When I went back through to check that there were no distortions in the boost, I noticed that the audio levels were bouncing, fading, and picking up a lot of noise disruptions. I messed with the file for an hour or so and determined that the files were not going to reach the quality of the other sound files.

Here is another daily picture for your enjoyment:





I am really happy of how this picture turned out! When I first looked at this picture it had big tears and holes in the middle of the picture and bordering the frame. After an hour or so of editing colors and masking damaged areas, I was able to produce this nicely restored picture.

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment