Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back from a leave of work

Hello everyone!

I'm back from my week of working for Allen & Company. It was a very rewarding experience and I made some new friends and industry connections for future positions. I was able to impress most of the people I worked with and I should be able to get a letter of recommendation or two in the future. I worked 89 hours in 7 days and needed a day or two before I was ready to come back to work at the library. Hopefully there will be no more interruptions in my work schedule until August when I finish up the 300 hours of my contract with the library.

Today the Breckenridge sisters (Carolyn Gregg and Mims Breckenridge) came in to look at my progress on the project. I showed both of them what I have done so far on the project, Aaron talked to them about future possibilities of expanding our local archive to interact with more people, and Sandra gave the reasons for why we made the decisions that we did on the project and gave some great supporting statements. Altogether it was a very successful meeting and I think everyone came away with something positive. I am very grateful that they gave me this amazing opportunity to work on the project and if you are reading this, Thank You!

I worked a lot on Victor Otazua today but I still need to refine a couple sections before I can make the collection of sound-clips and pictures public. Everyone can check it out tomorrow.

Great to be back and working. Here's another retouched image from the Breckenridge collection:


See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment