Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Complete Story of John Breckenridge

Today was a huge day for our VoiceThread on VoiceThread.com. I added 10 new slides to John Breckenridge's thread from his interview with Miriam Breckenridge. There are now 21 slides on John Breckenridge!

There were some technical difficulties today when I went over the oral histories. Apparently the company that transposed the histories into a CD format did a shoddy job. The CD I was transposing to VoiceThread had an audio track that played over the interview in a few parts that made my job much more difficult. I had to cut these pieces out of the interview and piece parts together around these mess ups. Eventually we will have to re-convert these original recordings so that they can be uploaded completely.

I backed up four more oral histories today. I will be editing these interviews down into sound-bites over the next couple weeks and pairing each byte with a photo from our collection.

To end the day, here is another photo from the archives:


No comments:

Post a Comment